Thursday, October 21, 2010

I love Doughnuts

Day 2 of no sugar done. In case you were wondering, it was SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than Tuesday. Did I give in? No. But I did talk an awful lot about doughnuts. I was watching Man vs. Food (which by the way is a VERY entertaining show) and it was a re-run. Adam went to Texas and ate doughnuts. Delicious, round, frosted doughnuts. In retrospect, it probably wasn’t the smartest thing to watch as my dinner was NOT all that I thought it would be. I actually sat there in my chair, watching Adam eat giant doughnuts, trying to visualize how bad I wanted doughnuts.

I imagined someone coming through my front door – and this person had a big slice of my favorite pizza in one hand and doughnuts in the other and I got to chose one thing to eat. Doughnuts won. Then it was Reese’s Cups vs. Doughnuts. Doughnuts won! Then it got bad and it was Plain doughnuts vs. Raspberry Filled doughnuts vs. Custard filled doughnuts. Doughnuts won again! What’s amazing is I’m not joking at all ☺ It was quite entertaining actually.

And while it may seem that this was a particularly distressful evening for me, it actually was quite a motivating one. You see, in addition to my no sugar challenge I’m still on my 30 day exercise challenge and somehow I noticed last night that I was still only at 60 / 250 minutes for the week. My “week” ends Friday night so I realized I needed another 190 minutes before Saturday morning. So, I figured, if I can say no to delicious, wonderful, amazing doughnuts, I can also reach my exercise goal.

Last night, I went on a nice 30 minute walk with my pup and boyfriend. And we were BOOKING it. Seriously, my boyfriend was doing his best impersonation of a speed walker and it took all I had to keep up. While we were walking I was telling him how far behind my minute goal I was and right then and there I decided that I was going to make it. I was going to get in ALL my minutes. So I woke up this morning before work (which I do NOT do – I can’t even begin to describe how painful it is for me to wake up early) and hit the streets by myself. I strapped on my heart rate monitor to make sure I did not slack. I don’t think I have ever walked so fast in my life! Ok, that’s an exaggeration but I was pretty pleased with my performance. So between last night and this morning, I’m down to 130 minutes left for the week. COMPLETELY doable.

Exercise Challenge Total:
120 / 250 minutes

No Sugar Challenge:
2 / 7 days completed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.