Monday, October 18, 2010

Life or Something Like it

So it's been many, many days since I posted.

It's amazing how life gets in the way like that. I've continued exercising, however, I will come clean and admit that last week's minutes came in under my goal of 250. I did pull in 190 minutes though. I knew it was going to happen and I didn't let it get me down because 190 minutes is over THREE HOURS of working out and how can I be disappointed in that.

I also weighed myself on Saturday morning and this week was -2. So yeah, that's probably why I wasn't too disappointed.

I also left Saturday morning to go camping up north so being without technology is also why I haven't updated anything.

Camping was good - I made sure to get in 2 days of solid walking to keep my minutes in check. I did, however, eat a little more than usual. Little more candy and hamburgers around than usual but I did good to indulge but not go overboard.

I'm starting a new side challenge this week. Kind of scared about this one but I think it's going to be good.

It's another eating challenge. I'm going to go one week eating NO REFINED SUGAR. No white bread or pasta, no candy, cakes, doughnuts etc ... ! In case anyone cares, these are wonderful things to my taste buds. BUT, I'm aware of the impact they have on my body so I'm going to see what happens when I nourish my body with only good things. I'm going to have the base of my diet be fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy, lean meats, fish, and eggs. I will have whole wheat products but only if they are truly whole wheat, so that means careful label reading. I'm really not into cutting out any food group completely so I feel ok with keeping these around. I do want to try to keep the main focus on vegetables and protein though.

I'm going to make my lists right now and hit the grocery store. I was tempted to make this a two week challenge but I settled on one with the option to extend come next week.

Exercise Challenge Summary:
258/250 minutes week 1
250/250 minutes week 2


Current:
60/250 minutes week 3


Weigh - Ins:
October 9: +1.6
October 16: -2

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting again! I've been waiting! :D That's awesome about: a) working out for 3 hours b) losing 2 lbs! c) being realistic about real-life situations & allowing yourself flexibility d) going camping and walking! I'm with you on the NO refined/white sugar or flour; did that mostly 100% successfully last week and will continue this week. Thanks for the reminder to read labels carefully; I've assumed Triscuits are "whole-grain" but perhaps they're not? I'll have to check. Anyway, keep up the good work and keep posting!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.