Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fever!

*** I wrote this days ago while having a fever apparently because I don't remember much of this :)

Sickness has struck. It was running rampant through my office and I held out as long as possible. I actually think I'm the last person to get it.

Needless to say, it's been a rough, rough week. Before it started to hit, I was a workout machine! Ok, so I was working out with purpose, eating well and even my steps were good. I'll get back to that but I'm aware that my body is going to take some time to heal.

In the meantime, if I can't workout like I want, I'm going to have to be extremely conscious of what I'm eating. The first two days of the sickness didn't produce such great results. I was miserable, laid out on the couch, hurting all over and easy food was well within my reach. I just couldn't bring myself to cook all the healthy food I had bought for the week. Also, my sweetheart bought me the most wonderful valentine sweets :) Have no fear though, I have since rejoined the bandwagon.

***** Yeah, I apparently wrote all of that while still pretty sick because I had no idea it was in here waiting to be published. It's all true though.

I'm still out of the workout loop because I'm just plain tired and I have chest congestion which is causing me to hesitate on my heavy cardio routine. I'm going to definitely try tomorrow as it's Friday and I feel safe trying it out as I can sleep in on Saturday and not worry about a bad night's sleep.

On top of the horrible sickness that is in its 12th day (however, diminishing nicely) I have been having problems with one of my wisdom teeth. I never got them out and one of them decided to cut its way on through this past week. I have to be honest, I have never experienced pain like this in my life. I was horrified at how much it hurt and STILL hurts. It started LAST Tuesday and while it is relinquishing its hold on me it is a slow, slow process. What once was a stabbing murderous pain has softly turned into a burning, ripping pain. I don't care who you are neither one of those are fun. If this is what happens to babies when they teethe I say scream away. Scream til the world can't take it anymore. It's horrendous.

And yes, I'm going to the dentist. I made the appointment the day after the pain started and I still have another week to go. Don't you just love insurance and their rules!?! So convenient and helpful to the masses.

I can't wait til the day when all pain is gone. No coughing, no sneezing, no stuffy nose, no PAIN IN MY MOUTH. Oh sweet day, please hurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.