Friday, April 29, 2011

Indecisive Friday

It's Friday and usually by this time, I have my grocery list and menu ready to go for the upcoming week

Today, however, I'm at a loss. I have no idea what I'm going to eat. None.

Nothing sounds good. I don't want to go haphazardly to the market/grocery store and end up with a bunch of stuff that I won't use. That makes me feel wasteful and every time I have tried it I have, in fact, let most everything go to waste. Besides, this week's food money is a little tight due to some random overspending on my part last weekend.

Also, my boyfriend and I are planning on buying an air conditioner for our workout/art room this weekend so I need to stick to my food budget to compensate for that extra expense.

Last night we ordered out from this Italian restaurant we really like. I got the caprese salad and a little caesar salad. The caprese was so good that's all I can think about. I just want fresh tomatoes, basil, EVOO, and balsamic. I can't get tomatoes out of my head and I can't wait until they are in season at my local farmer's market. Right now the tomatoes at the grocery store are hit and miss. More miss than anything so I don't want to count on them and make a crappy caprese salad.

So what do I do? I guess I'll go scour the internet looking for recipes that use in season veggies. Hopefully I'll find something.

Also - my food so far.

B: 2 egg omelette w/ spinach, onions, garlic, and a little cream cheese

and plan on having

L: vegetable chili w/ side salad
S: turkey swiss roll ups

Also, I would like to report that yesterday I went to the gym and got in a run. My energy level was great and I finished w/ no problems. I am a little sore today because it's the first time I've run in a couple of weeks but nothing I can't handle!

And in full confession, I stepped on the scale this morning. I know, I know I said I wasn't going to but I was SO CURIOUS.

I was up another .8 ish. It was flashing between .8 and 1 pound so I'm going with .8 - I'm not fretting at all yet. But I do feel way more bloated these past 2 days. I'm going to give it another day or two and then I might swap out my whole wheat bread for another grain. I don't really want to because I'm enjoying that toast at the end of the day but I really hate feeling bloated and that's the only thing I can attribute it to since my eating has remained pretty consistent over the last 2 1/2 weeks. I'll let you know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.