Wednesday, March 21, 2012

P90x and soreness

Wow.  I am officially on Day 3 and the soreness has set in.  I am not in bad shape.  I'm actually an in shape overweight person if that makes sense, but boy is this program kicking some butt.  If I tried to do just one of these workouts full on, hardcore with everything I had, I would probably die.  No lie.  I'm having a particularly bad time w/ my legs.  Hamstrings and whatnot.  So that means walking, sitting and all of those time movements are quite painful.  My boyfriend was nice enough to massage my legs for me last night and provide some advil and that helped SO MUCH, so today is actually better than yesterday.  But it still hurts.

I think I'm pretty much prepared for this journey except for the pull up bar that I will be buying this weekend.  We both need it and they aren't that expensive so I'm a little excited to get it.  I'll be honest, the last time I did an unassisted pull up was probably in the 4th grade when I got my ribbon for 3 pullups in gym class.  I told my boyfriend last night that I want to walk away from this 90 days with the ability to just do one.  I think that would be an amazing feeling.

Tonight is Yoga X.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Today's menu:

B:  Oatmeal + Maple Syrup, Coffee + Creamer
S:  PR Bar
L:  Egg Salad + Romaine + Green Peppers + Carrots + Cucumbers + Dressing + Colby Cheese
S:  Almonds + Strawberries
D: Garlic Shrimp + Whole Wheat Pasta + Some Kind of Veggie (I think)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.