Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 7 p90x = Mental Endurance

I made a mistake yesterday.  I switched up a workout this past week and yesterday I was scheduled to end my week on Legs & Back and have today be a rest day.

I had plenty of time to do my workout but somehow I talked myself into doing it today.  I remember sitting there talking it out with my boyfriend and how it seemed like a good idea.

Well, today is Monday and I know I have to do Legs & Back today but I don't think I thought this thru clearly enough.

Today was supposed to be my rest day.  My one, single rest day for the week.  But since I took it yesterday I don't get to rest today.  Instead for the next SEVEN days, I have to do workouts.  Oh, I could finagle the schedule again and move a day here or there but I feel like I've worked the system enough.  I need to get back on course.  And in order to do that, I NEED to just muscle thru the next seven days.

Unless of course, I do a doubles day.  That's right, a doubles day.  Two workouts in one day.  Maybe I will and maybe I won't.

Ok, I probably won't.

Lesson learned.  Stick to the schedule and don't allow yourself to think.  You'll come up with crazy ideas that will end up being worse then just going into your workout room and doing the stupid workout.

Well, week 7 is proving to be interesting already.

As for week 6.  It was ok.  I'm still fighting with my calorie intake.  I sincerely hope I win the battle this week.  Weight loss is still almost non-existent.  I think I finally hit the 2 pounds lost mark.  WOO-HOO!  Inches are still coming off but not as quickly as in the first phase.  I will be posting the newest numbers at the end of this week.  I wanted to wait two weeks this time around.  Also my body fat percentage is showing a downward trend, so while I'm not exactly sure the number I'm getting is correct, it at least keeps going down at a slow rate.  That's got to be something right?

As for my post title.  I really believe this is the time where you need to figure out why you're doing this and why you want to continue.  The workouts are getting more awesome because I can feel how strong I've become and how far I've progressed.  However, the monotony is starting to show.  The same workout for weeks on end would take its toll on ANYONE.  For instance, talking myself out of Legs & Back yesterday was stupid.  It's one of my favorite workouts and yet I am a little bored with it so I let that influence my decision.  I have to remind myself that I committed myself to 90 days of doing this.  After the 90 days if I want to switch it up I can, but for the next 6 weeks, I'm sticking to what's written on my schedule.

So in light of this, I'm really trying to keep mentally focused this week.  I don't want to be this far into the game and then be one of those people that said "Oh, I had to start over".

Because in all honesty, if I had to start over I'm not sure I would see it through to the end.


Today's menu:

B:  Protein Shake + Coffee
S:  Turkey Jerky
L:  Roasted Pork + Vegetables
S:  Almonds
D:  Hamburger on WW Bun + Salad




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.