Monday, May 21, 2012

p90x: Week 10 and a Doctor's Visit

First, I apologize for not posting my measurements.  I took them, I just kept forgetting to post.  And now that I have the time, I don't have my little notebook with me.

I can't give you exact numbers but I CAN tell you it's nothing overwhelming.  I believe I only lost inches in my arms and chest.  Everything else is holding steady.  I wasn't too surprised because I have gained a few pounds and I can tell they aren't good pounds.  Totally my own fault though, I was eating too many calories.

Lots of calories :)

I was eating so much that I had to give myself an intervention.  I laid down the law with myself and I've been back on track for a whole week now.

Today is day #1 of week #10.  That means in three weeks time I'll be staring down my final days of this round.  However, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I will be doing some sort of round 2.  I know it won't be a full on p90x but I'm pretty sure it's going to be a hybrid that will involve p90x and I'll tell you why.

I had a visit with my doctor last week and we went over a bunch of stuff about my weight loss ventures.  Long story short:  I need more cardio.  It was with a heavy heart that my doctor informed me that I need to up my cardio.  She kind of cringed when she told me because nobody wants to hear that but I wasn't too surprised actually.  Her initial recommendation was 7 days a week of 1 hour of cardio in addition to 3 days a week of strength training.  That's a lot of working out isn't it?  As for calories, she recommended 1500-1600 but also said I have to monitor my results because "it's a fine line between eating too little and eating too much" so it's my job to find the proverbial sweet spot.  My doctor is older than me and in really good shape so she shared with me her exercise and diet program so that helped.  She works out every day of the week, eats incredibly healthy and also has to keep a strict eye on intake.  She also stressed that it's important to kick this in the butt now because it's only going to get harder as I get older.

Kind of hard to image this getting any more difficult.

Anyway, we had a really great talk and I'm glad that I'm able to talk to her so freely about all of this.

So now I'm going to up my cardio.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able to jump right into 7 days a week of 1 hour of cardio plus my weights but I'm going to start incorporating more cardio as soon as possible.  I'm going to continue to follow p90x as scheduled but try to throw in some walks, runs, cardio dvd into the mix to start.

Once this round is over, I'm going to create a "round 2" that tries to follow her recommendations.  I just got the insanity workouts so I figure why not incorporate that into my hybrid.  She wanted me to do more cardio and Insanity screams CARDIO!


Today's Menu:
B:  1 egg + 1 egg white + 1/2 ww english muffin + bacon + coffee
S:  string cheese x 2 + blackberries
L:  spring mix + baby zucchini + carrots + light dressing + roasted turkey + cottage cheese
D:  un croque monsieur + salad (Maybe, if I feel like cooking cause my apartment is crazy hot right now)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.