Thursday, May 31, 2012

p90x Week 11 = canceled

I did Insanity in lieu of p90x Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday due to my elbows.  I'm pleased to report that my right one will most likely be good to go in the next day or two.  However, it has become apparent my left one is going to take some time.  I tried to test it out last night.  I tried one push-up  during my workout and it wasn't happening.  I felt all kinds of pain.  I then tried bending my arm while resisting and while it wasn't as much pain I could definitely tell something wasn't right.

I'm pretty bummed out.  More so than I thought I would be.  I even thought about just pushing thru the pain and figuring it out later.  I know that's the worst idea ever but it was a little shocking to me how at the time I thought it was a GREAT idea.

I finished my workout but had to modify it to take out push-ups.  I held planks instead of push-ups which seemed to work ok, no pain there.  I immediately iced and took advil afterward and will continue to do so for at least the next 4 days.  I'm going to give it 7 full days of rest (meaning no p90x) then go from there.

Sigh.

I will continue this Insanity route until Sunday and then decide if a doctor needs to get involved.  Yuck.  Oh please, dear elbow, please get better.

Today's Menu:

B:  2 eggs + 1/2 WW English Muffin + Coffee
S:  Turkey Sandwich on lite whole wheat bread
L:  Fish + Rice + Veggies
S:  Yogurt
D:  Maybe some bruschetta and salad



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.