Tuesday, June 12, 2012

p90 Week 11 / Insanity Week 1

I had to put off my workouts for a few days due to a minor sickness but no big deal.  I began everything on Sunday and so far so good.

First, p90x:

Week 11:  This is proving to be a little trickier than I thought because of the elbow but I think it's just more due to my own frustration than anything.  It gets frustrating not being able to use an entire body part.  I'm doing 2 strength workouts this week: Shoulders and Arms and Legs and Back.  I know continuing as best I can is what is most important but my pride or whatever you want to call it is having an incredibly hard time not going full force.  It truly is a sheer act of will that I don't say "screw it" and just go full force.  Someone should totally applaud me for showing some restraint ;)  Honestly, I just want to get through this week and next.  I want to finish out p90x and post my results and bask in the glory of it all.  It won't be the way I had planned on finishing but by God, I'm going to FINISH!

Insanity:  I'm on day 3.  Wow.  It's incredibly difficult.  That's really all I can say about it.  My body hurts pretty bad today.  I'm actually thankful I did p90x first because I have a REALLY good base to start with.  Especially my legs.  They are much stronger due to p90x and I think that is incredibly important for Insanity due to all the jumping/jarring motions.  My bad knee was ever so slightly achy this morning due to last night's killer workout.  I can't imagine how bad it would have been if I had jumped right into this thing.  It's definitely doable but crazy difficult.  I'm both excited and scared to continue.  Excited because these are great workouts and sticking to them will probably definitely show results.  And I'm a little scared because the workouts are INTENSE and I don't want to injure myself.  I have to remind myself to modify when needed and take breaks when necessary.  Other than that I'm sure everything will be fine. 

Speaking of injuries, my elbow is slowly getting better.  I'm being very strict about stretching, icing and wrapping it after workouts and hopefully that is helping.  I did a few modified pushups last night during my Insanity workout and it ached so I immediately quit.  Thankfully when I woke up this morning there was no sign of pain.  I would give anything to have this thing get better.

Here's hoping it happens soon.


Today's menu:

B:  2 Eggs + English Muffin + Mozzarella Cheese + Tomato
L:  Salmon Sushi + CA Roll + Miso Soup + Salad
D:  probably Sirloin + Steamed Broccoli + Sweet Potato



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.