Friday, November 30, 2012

Week 10 and 11 Weigh In!

As I was in Hawaii for Week 10 there is no official weigh in so I'll jump right to Week 11:

+3.0 pounds

Yes, I have had 3 weeks in a row of gains.  And I have been negative points for all three of those week.  Trust me, while I was gone, I knew it was happening.  I did workout while I was Hawaii.  Actually, I had some AMAZING workouts while away, I just happened to eat too much.   I did, however, track EVERYTHING and those gains were COMPLETELY warranted.  It's over.  It's done.  Now, it's time to regroup.

I now have 4 more weigh-ins left for 2012 and I'm going to make the most of them.  I really don't want to set any wild goals because lets face it, those never work, but if I'm going to be honest, I'd like to be down 10 pounds by January 1st (who wouldn't???).  But realistically, I just want to start chiseling away at the pounds I've gained over this month and set myself up for a productive and successful 2013.

Now before I set my goals for this week I'm going to preface this by saying I'm going to be a little harder on myself but just for this week.  I just got back from a great vacation where I allowed myself to slack (big time) and  I feel the need to reel it in this week to help get myself back on track.  Plus at the end of this week, my holiday parties start so I wanna be on course to maneuver my way through those.

This week's goals:
1.  20 AP minimum
2.  Track EVERYTHING
3.  Drink water
4.  Do not eat ANY of my AP  *WHAAAAAAT?*

Yup, I said it.  Also this week, I would love to leave some WP on the table as well.  But for now, I'm making the eating no AP a hard fast goal for the week.

So, how did I do on vacation?

BEHOLD, my complete honesty:

1. I earned 8 AP (these were scheduled workouts) but while on vacation I snorkeled, hiked, did the walking thing to try to remain active without spending too much time in the gym.  I didn't officially count any of that though.
2. I tracked EVERYTHING.  -106 for the week.  Yes, you read that right, that's NEGATIVE 106.  Did I mention I had an amazing time?? ;)

I don't want to come off too flip about the last 3 weeks and the gains.  Believe me, it's pretty much all I think about.  How am I gonna get back on track?  How am I gonna get the weight off?  What on earth was I thinking?  And to be honest, I'm scared to death.  I'm scared that I won't be able to get back on track.  I'm scared I'll gain more.  I'm scared that I've "messed everything up".

These are irrational thoughts, I'm aware, but they are nevertheless running through my mind.  All I can do is stick to my goals because when I do, the weight comes off (weird right?).

So, this week, I will stick to my goals.

Today's menu:
B:  2 eggs + 2 slices toast  + coffee
L:  garden salad + lean cuisine
S:  apple + string cheese
D:  don't know yet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.