Friday, November 9, 2012

Weight Watchers Week 8: Weigh In / Measurements

Weigh In:

+1.2 lbs

Apparently I'm on an every other week trend with weight loss.  For the past 6 weeks, I've alternated between gaining and losing.  The good news is that I'm not losing and gaining the same weight over and over.  The trend is moving DOWN. 

Thank God.

I had to regroup halfway thru this week.  As I said before, I went through my weekly points quickly due to my birthday, and by the time Tuesday rolled around, I was on the verge of eating anything and everything in sight regardless of how many points it cost me.  Thankfully, I reeled it in.  I revamped the menus I had planned and somehow got through it all.

I managed to track everything EXCEPT:  my birthday cupcake and a couple of pumpernickel pretzels that probably slipped thru the cracks.  I logged the pretzels after the fact but to be honest, I'm not sure how many I actually ate.

Regardless of the gain, here is what I'm excited about:

1.  I earned 25 Activity Points.  I had a great workout week burning 2,521 calories according to my HRM.  I participated in a 5k that helped raise money for a great cause and I worked out 5 out of 7 days.
2.  I drank water.  Lots of it.  Maybe not enough before my race (it was unexpectedly hot) but I made up for it after and throughout the whole week.
3.  I tracked everything (except the cupcake!).  This was actually not going to happen but I fought the temptation to let things slide because it was my birthday and tried my best to keep track (stupid pretzels!)
4.  I could have easily gone negative points for the week but I did not.  I really did have to force myself not to overeat.  It's not easy for me.  Sometimes when I let myself have a treat (or 2 or 3) it just opens up Pandora's box and the next thing I know, I've eaten a whole days worth of calories in one sitting.  This is actually probably something I'm going to have to be aware of for the rest of my life.  In any case, it's a major victory.

Another reason to be excited:

My Measurements

Starting Numbers
Chest:  43 inches
Waist:  41 inches
Ribs:  35 inches
Belly Button:  42.5 inches
Hips:  46 inches
Knee:  19 inches
Thigh:  26.25 inches

9/29/12
Chest:  41 inches
Waist:  34.5 inches
Ribs:  34 inches
Belly Button:  35 inches
Hips:  43 inches
Knee:  18 inches
Thigh:  23.5 inches

As of 11/8/12
Chest: 41 inches (-2 inches)
Waist:  34.25 inches (-6.75 inches)
Ribs:  33 inches (-2 inches)
Belly Button:  35 inches (-6.5 inches)
Hips:  42 inches (-4 inches)
Knee:  17.75 inches (-1.25 inches)
Thigh:  23.25 inches (-3 inches)

No matter what the scale says, my inches keep going down.  In fact, I'm able to get back into my size 12 jeans.  I had to say goodbye to wearing them in October of 2011.  It's still an ongoing battle as they aren't a perfect fit but I'm close.  Really close. 

This coming week, I'm going to keep on keepin' on.

1.  20 AP
2. Track it all
3.  Drink Water


Today's Menu:
B:  Egg Whites on Toast
S:  Tall Skinny Latte + apple
L:  Salad + Whole Wheat Spaghetti
D:  ??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.