Friday, December 14, 2012

The House Guest Plan

Alright, since the Christmas Party Plan worked out so well for me, I'm going to try my hand at the House Guest Plan because I have TWO coming tomorrow.

My sister and her new husband will be staying with me until Monday night.  My sister, bless her heart, is one of those fortunate people who has never had the cruel hand of weight gain grasping at her throat.  In fact, she's had 5, YES FIVE, children and has never gained weight.  Wait, that's not true.  She gained like 50 pounds with the first one but lost it 3 weeks later.  When I asked her how she did it, she told me she just did aerobics a couple of times a week until it was gone.

Ugh.  Don't you just hate people like that.

Anyway, they are coming and I need to be prepared.  The last time my family was in town was 2 months ago and I gained 3 pounds that week.  I'd also like to note that the next week I lost that 3 pounds but it's not like I'm bragging or anything ;)


I have a few things on my side.  First, they are only here for about 56 hours.  Yes, it's a mighty quick trip.  Second, they don't have a huge budget as it's that time of year and as I mentioned before she has five children.

So with that in mind lets begin;

Saturday:

They get in at noon, that gives me time to have a low point, filling breakfast, go to the gym to earn some AP points, and then grab a nice sugar free latte on the way to the airport.

I'll probably have a smoothie.  The ones I've been making this week for breakfast have been keeping me full for a long time and they run about 4 points.  **sidebar:  coconut milk in your smoothie.  I recently bought some because the store was out of almond milk.  It's higher in fat but man does it keep you full - give it a try!**  A sugar free latte will run me 3-4 depending on where I go.

However, what will probably be more likely is that when I get up Saturday morning, I'll be running around my apartment like a mad woman doing some last minute cleaning, if things go as planned, I'll get to the gym, if not, I'll skip the gym AND breakfast but either way I'm grabbing that latte.

So, by the time I get them, I'll be out anywhere from 4-8 points.

They will most likely be hungry.  I'll take them somewhere cool and we'll have lunch.  I'll just make sure that it's someplace that has salad.  As I'm the one that knows where everything is, I get to have control over the choices I give them.  Score one for being the host!  That lunch will run me as much or as little I want.  I'll be charitable and give myself 8 points.  8 points is a lot for a lunch especially if I order the right way.  Hopefully I won't use them all.

Now I'm out 12-16 points total for the day.

Once I get thru lunch it's lots of running around being a tourist.  I won't be giving myself any APs for that but it's nice to know I'll at least be active.

Saturday night.  I can pretty much guarantee this will involve card playing and pizza.  How do I know this?  Because I just know.

Pizza:

Papa John's original crust Cheese pizza (4.5 ounces) = 7 points
Papa John's original crust BBQ chicken pizza (5.4 ounces) = 9 points
Papa John's original crust Veggie pizza (5.8 ounces) = 7
Papa John's original crust Pepperoni pizza (4.9 ounces) = 9

Ok, those are approximate weights for 1 slice of a large pizza.  I won't be ordering from Papa John's because we have local options that are great but I'll use this as a guide.  It seems as if ordering as many vegetables as possible is the best choice, but I'll make sure everyone gets something they will enjoy.

I also will order a garden salad from the place and use dressing from my fridge.  Now, with all that in mind, I plan on eating 2 slices of pizza, my big old salad and hopefully I can call it a night at 15-22 points for the evening.  Wow, that's a lot of points for pizza. 

The reality of the situation?  3 slices is possible because to be honest, pizza is awesome.  My PLAN is two slices.

Total for the day:  27 - 38 (I get 26/day)


SUNDAY:

Whatever sight-seeing we don't get to Saturday will be gotten to Sunday.  If I wake up early enough, I'm going to see if I can squeeze in a super quick workout while they are taking their showers.  As for eating, I'm going to suggest brunch at a cheap local diner.  Of course, since it's local they don't have calorie counts so I'm going to go with Denny's as a reference:

-Veggie-Cheese Omelette (3 eggs, cheese, veggies):  13 points
And don't be fooled, the sides that automatically come with the omelette are not included in those points
 -Fit and Fare Omelette w/ turkey bacon (egg whites, cheese, veggies):  10 points

Components of Meal:
-Bacon Strips:  2 points
-Turkey Bacon:  2 points
-Buttermilk Biscuit:  5 points
-2 eggs:  7 points
-egg whites:  1 point
-English Muffin (no butter):  3 points
-Hash Browns:  6 points
-2 Pancakes (no syrup/butter): 9 points
- Sausage Links:  5 points

 Ok, that's enough to make an informed decision.  We're looking at egg whites, bacon, fruit, maybe an english muffin and coffee.  Er, lets say about 7-8 points for breakfast.

More sight-seeing.

Dinner will be Cheesecake Factory.  How do I know we're eating at Cheesecake Factory?  Because we're going to see The Hobbit Sunday night and the restaurant is right beside the theater!

I already know I'm getting something off of their new light menu.  I've had one thing off of it, it still came in at around 14 points for the meal but I only ate half of it and I was STUFFED.  SO -- I probably will order it again because it was delicious.  It was shrimp creole or something like that.

Hopefully I can say no to the bread basket, have maybe one cocktail (they also have a skinny menu for cocktails!!  the sangria isn't half bad in case you're wondering)

So dinner:  7-11 points


Let's see:  so far, I'm out 14-19 points.  Wow, that's not too bad at all.  That definitely leaves room for the inevitable...

Krispy Kreme.  My sister has an obsession with my local Krispy Kreme.  We will undoubtedly go there at least twice.

Original glazed donut:  5 points (2 for 11 points)
Chocolate iced custard filled:  9 points
Raspberry filled: 8

Wow, the clear winner is the original glazed.  Done and done.

Krispy Kreme:  5 - 11 points

Sunday total:  19 - 30

I know that's quite the spread but if I stick to the lower end of the plan I can probably dodge some bullets.  You know, like the bread basket ;)

MONDAY:

ugh. 

Honestly, I have no idea.  I'll try to get an idea Saturday or Sunday how they want Monday to go. 

This is exhausting.


Ok, first, if we can squeeze in a workout then we will but I'm not going to stress it. 

I wish I could just leave this up to chance but I'm on a streak here and I really want to stay in line.

Ok, so I'll pick up stuff for breakfast (4 -6 points), we'll go out for lunch at either a local Mexican place or this Hamburger joint.  Hopefully they'll pick the Mexican place because it has this great salad that is just chicken with tons of vegetables.  It's really good too.  They use rotisserie chicken that you can see roasting in the kitchen.  Mexican points:  8 points

Hamburger points:  Good lord.

Outback Hamburgers (just the burger w/ lettuce/tomato/onion):  18 points
Outback Bloomin Burger (burger w/ cheese, bloomin onions, bloomin onion sauce, and veggies): 28 points

I'm going to go with a plain hamburger, no cheese, no mayo, and keep the veggies and mustard.  I'm sure it'll still be great.

As for sides:
Outback fries:  11 points.

So, I'll eat half:  5 points.

So Hamburger points:  14  (for 1/2 of everything)

Dinner will be something, quick, easy and cheap.  And I don't have to eat it if I don't want because while they have to get on a flight to go back home,  I get to go back to my house where there are plenty of options.













Dinner points:  Whatever I have left - anywhere from 7 - 14 points.  That's so easy I can't even begin to explain.

As long as we can avoid another trip to Krispy Kreme .... 

I can totally do this.

Sorry for the long post but this REALLY helped me wrap my head around what's to come.  I actually feel pretty good.  And don't be fooled.  This email was 6 hours in the making.  Trying to figure out where to go, finding points, making decisions.

In any case, I'm glad I did it.

Oh wait, I just realized I didn't account for Krispy Kreme on Saturday.  And yes, she WILL want to go that many times.

Ok, I'll going to declare this here and now.  No matter how many times she chooses to go to Krispy Kreme, I will not eat every time.  I will follow my guide.  If I don't eat them on Saturday, I'll know that on Sunday I can enjoy them.

There, that was easy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.