Friday, January 18, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 18

I am pleased to say that the temperature is back in the almost 80s.  Finally, I am warm again.

I can't believe it's week 18.  That's 4.5 months I've been on Weight Watchers.  I've learned a lot in that time.  I've had some major losses and I've had even bigger gains.  But for the first time, I feel like I'm on the right track.  I still have some tweaking to do with my personal eating and working out schedule but with a little patience and dedication I think I'll be ok.

Week 18:  -1.2 lbs

Whew!  I really didn't think I was going to have a loss this week.  I had a great week of eating and everything but that scale sure was holding steady EVERY SINGLE DAY!  So I'm crazy happy right now.

Now for what I did ...

Weekly Goals:

1.  I earned 4 AP again.  I went on 2 walks.  It's official, I'm ready to start working out again.  I feel like I'm on a roll with my eating and now it's just a matter of me getting back on the proverbial horse.  My goal this week is going to be specific.  I want to: Strength Train TWO TIMES, do HIIT (high intensity interval training) ONE TIME, and go on my beloved walk at least ONE time.  Not very lofty but I have to start somewhere.  Also, I know I usually do an AP number as my goal but this time I need to focus on actually doing the work.  You know how it is - once you get in a lull working out it really does feel like it will take all the strength in the world just to start again. 

2.  I ate 215 points.  That averages 30.7 per day.  However, this week I had one really high day (60 points) and 2 low days (17 & 19) all of the others were around the 30 point mark. 

3.  And what did I eat?  I stuck to my whole foods mantra.  Nary a processed item in sight.  If God didn't make it then I did or it held only ingredients that were of the whole variety.  My pea rice protein is a little iffy in that area but it's got some crazy good ingredients in it.  However, I did make my own ketchup.  Yup.  The thing is, I found a ketchup that I LOVE at Whole Foods.  It even fit into my little rules for eating --  but it's like 8 bucks for this tiny little bottle so I made some.  And you know what, it tastes just fine and it was cheap and now I have a ton.  I tell you what, eating this way has really expanded my skills in the kitchen.  I'm pretty sure I can cook anything now.

4.  Water.  I need more.  Nuff said.

I had one day where I was craving pizza bad.  I even made my boyfriend call me while I was at work so I could talk about what the perfect pizza would taste like.  It was weird.  And just as quickly as the craving came on, it disappeared.  Not my finest hour.  Other than that, I had a great week.  Enjoyed ALMOST all the food I cooked and even spent some time hanging out with friends.  That's one of the things I have been kind of iffy about.  Social gatherings.  At the last 2 I've been to, there really wasn't anything at all that fit into my eating.  And there was TONS of food.  I usually take food with me but still, it can be difficult.  I know that one day I will be completely fine going out and "making due" but it's not right now.

 My boyfriend and I have discussed this.  We think it's too premature to give ourselves leeway for social functions and dining out.  We want to have 3-6 months (with more emphasis on the 6) of greatness under our belts before we start making exceptions.  I know for me, personally, certain foods can have a strong hold over me.  You know, pizza, pasta, fast food.  And right now, I firmly believe that even one meal of those items might very well be enough to throw me off track.  And I don't want that.  I want to be firmly rooted in how I feel about my food choices before I start to test them. 

And with that, I give you ...

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:  Smoothie:  pea rice protein + flax seeds + coconut milk + frozen strawberries

Lunch:  Chili Beans:  pinto beans + black beans + kidney beans + onion + diced tomato + a secret chili seasoning mix that I came up with myself + pico de gallo + sour cream (I also made the sour cream.  And it's not really sour cream.  First you make some cashew cream - then you add some lemon juice and vinegar and voila!  Something that tastes amazingly like sour cream)

Snack:  apple + almond butter

Dinner:  Cream of Vegetable Soup

Hhmmm.  I just realized that my whole day of eating is vegan.  This was in no way by design but there is not a single animal product in any of that.  Not even the cream of vegetable soup!  No cream in that.  There's some cashew cream (which pretty much can be substituted for anything dairy and creamy), homemade chicken stock, a little coconut milk, and a TON of vegetables.

I guess if I get hungry I can have a midnight snack of bacon. 

Next week food preview:  Cajun Chicken Pasta, Steak + Mashed Potates + Green Beans, Thai Coconut Rice, or maybe some Lentil Soup

YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.