Monday, February 4, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 20

I completely forgot to post on Friday.  I think I'm preoccupied with my MRI today.  As stated previously ...

I hate doctors and tests and check ups.

Anyway, Friday I weighed in and gained +0.4 lbs

Yes, my first gain in probably a month.  Alas, I knew it would eventually happen so I'm glad it's a small one.  Hopefully this week it'll come off plus some.

Now, for what I did:

1.  I earned 0 AP points.  I have every intention of working out but that voice in the back of my head is still there.  I have my MRI today and hopefully will see my doctor early next week and get an official order that all is ok to workout.

2.  I ate 239 points for the week.  I went over by one point. 

3.   Water was pretty good.  AGAIN! 

4.  What did I eat?  I continued along my path of wholesome foods.


I even traversed the Super Bowl yesterday without incident.  There was a TON of food but I had no problems whatsoever.  I brought a small plate of jalapeno peppers.  We simply took jalapenos, hollowed them, filled them with some cheese, and wrapped a 1/3 of a piece of bacon over the top then baked them.  Very easy.   3 ingredients, NO frying whatsoever and they STILL got rave reviews.  Also, I'm not the biggest fan of jalapenos but even I enjoyed a couple.

Let's see, there was also pizza, buffalo wings, nachos, queso dip, veggies, strawberries, fruit dip, cheese dip, spinach dip, spinach and artichoke dip, several kinds of chips (I guess for all that dip), cajun shrimp, and buttered toast.  Oh and lots of beer.

I ate:
A couple of my jalapeno peppers, quite a few baby carrots, and a handful of strawberries.  Oh yes, and I had some water.

And honestly, that's all that I wanted.  There were a couple of other items that looked really good but I didn't feel the need to hunt down whomever made the dish to find out what exactly was in it.  I didn't feel the need because I wasn't there to eat.  I was there to watch some football and hang out with my friends.  Seriously folks, it's as if a light switch has gone off in my brain.  I didn't make a plan.  Well, I guess I did make a plan.  But it only had a few components:  to make a small dish of something my boyfriend and I could enjoy, to hang out with my friends, and to get home at a decent time so I could finish cooking for the week.

And I followed it to a "T".  Now, I'm not throwing my love of plans out the window.  I just didn't find this situation very .... threatening I guess.  Now Thanksgiving, that might be a different story.

Today's Menu:
B:  chocolate pea rice protein + coconut milk
L:  I'm getting my MRI on my lunch break.  My stomach can't handle food until it's over and by then it'll be time for ..... 
D:  roasted pork + BBQ sauce + cole slaw + roasted zucchini

So nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.