Friday, February 15, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 22

Another Friday, another weigh-in.

This week went by in the flash of an eye.  And for whatever reason, I can't recall what I did this week in terms of eating and staying on track.  I, of course, have my points tracker to look at the food I've eaten but I can't actually remember most of the food I ate.

The reason I'm bringing this up is because I woke up very nervous about my weigh-in.  I felt like I had done something "wrong".  I can't remember doing anything wrong.  My points tracker doesn't show I did anything wrong.  The only thing I can actually think of is that I ate less food this week than any other.  Again, I've been so busy, especially at work, that a couple of times this week I didn't eat lunch.  But it wasn't THAT much less.

It was a weird feeling.  Like I had cheated on myself in my sleep or something.

I got on the scale with my nervousness and I saw the number staring back at me.

And I blanked.

For the life of me I could not remember if this was a loss or not.  I could NOT remember what my weigh-in last Friday was.

I got ready, left for work, went to my desk, and opened up my weight tracker.

Yeah, it was a loss.  I posted:  -0.4 lbs

I wish my scale posted in 0.1 increments.  Every tenth counts!!

I'm quite happy with my 0.4 pound loss as I was feeling leery of my efforts this week.  VICTORY FOR ME!!  It's so easy to feel .... less than appreciative of the little losses.  It makes no sense but everyone does it.

"Oh man, I only lost 0.4 pounds this week, I'm so disappointed".

You have to "reframe" that.  Do you know how easy it is to GAIN 0.4 pounds?  Crazy easy.  In theory, gaining 0.4 pounds is only an excess 1400 calories. 

Let's see, how many ways can we eat overeat 1400 calories.

We could go to McDonald's after a night out with the girls and eat:
Big Mac (540)
French Fries (regular size) (570)
Diet Coke (0)

and then a couple days later eat an extra ounce of almonds (160) at snack time and then forget to measure out your ranch dressing for your big veggie salad and go over by 2 TBS (~130)

Ta-da!  1400 calories

OR

It's the same as eating an extra 200 calories per day.

200 calories is also NOT a lot.

For 200 calories you can have ONE of the following:

4 tootsie pops
2 oz of dry pasta (traditional serving size)
2 ounces of cheddar
1 1/2 servings of Doritos (it's only like 13 chips or something)
6 peanut butter crackers
2 T peanut butter
3 eggs
10 T of ketchup
8 Hershey's kisses
Package of Reese Cups

Oh, you get the picture. 

So, congratulations to anyone who has lost ANYTHING.

Now for what I did this past week:

1.  Again, I had 0 AP points.  My next post will be about my exercise goals and what I hope to accomplish.

2.  I ate 197 points for the week.  I didn't realize how many points I DIDN'T use til just now.  I had 34 points left for the week.   That's a lot.  Like I said, I skipped lunch at work on more than one day.  I also was dealing with that LONG doctor's visit. I visited that holistic healers after work AND I was on some medication that KNOCKED ME OUT.  My doc gave me muscle relaxers which I used the first half of the week.  They had me conked out by 8pm every time I took them so maybe that's also why I can't really remember the week.  They make me so loopy.  It stays in my system for at LEAST 15 hours.  My coworkers, however, love it.  They think it's a hoot to see me wonky.  Also my points were lower this week than last week.  Meaning, my daily target dropped from 27 to 26 so I was starting out with 7 less points anyway.

3.  I did NOT drink enough water.  Those muscle relaxers are crazy dehydrating.  Now that I think about it, I was crazy thirsty all week.

4.  What did I eat?  Well, this part I'm certain about.  I ate what I cooked.  I just didn't eat that much of it.  Oh, I did order out yesterday for my valentine's lunch with my coworker.  She and I have been working together for 10 years.  So we decided that our company should buy us lunch ;)  I ate grilled salmon with a mango avocado salsa on the side, steamed vegetables and grilled asparagus (no butter or oil for either).  It was quite delicious and filling.  I thought that I might perhaps be disappointed in my choice but I was not.  Not even for a second.  Also, I'm fortunate to live in a place that has a plethora of awesome, healthy restaurants surrounding me.  Los Angeles is really great about that.  In fact, the name of the restaurant was Healthyca.  I mean, come on, it has healthy in the name so you know it's the real deal :)



Today's Menu:
B:  Mocha Frappe (coconut milk + pea rice protein + coffee)
L:  orange ginger chicken salad + soup au pistou
D:  maybe a twice baked potato with roasted vegetables and a mushroom sauce



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.