Monday, March 18, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 26

I missed it.

HOWEVER ... 

It's not an official number but I hopped on the scale over the weekend and I was down a pound.  I will go ahead and say "Yeah, I lost a pound!" but in my heart, I don't feel like it's real because it wasn't on my official weigh-in day. 

I will somehow manage to move on.

I can, however, still talk about what I did over this past week:

1.  I earned 15 AP.  I did 6 Slim in Six workouts.  I even did them on days I didn't want to do them!  Huge victory for me :)

2.  I ate 241 points total.  With my AP, I had 4 leftover for the week.  I didn't do bad but I think next week (the week I'm in right now actually), I'm not going to add in my AP points to eat.  Just as an experiment.  I'll talk more about this below.

3.  I did NOT drink enough water.  In fact, there were some days I don't think I drank any.  This got to be a problem on Sunday.  I woke up and felt so bad.  Like I had been binge drinking and eating (I hadn't).  Also, my muscles were so sore that I did not workout yesterday.  They felt like I had done p90x all day long the day before.  I realized that I had not had any water for almost 2 days.  I know this sounds weird but honestly, if I don't conscientiously make an effort to drink water (or any beverage) then I won't.  Hence my need to make it a weekly priority.  I don't know why I do that but I just do.  Needless to say, Sunday was a day long water fest.  I'm still not up to par with my hydration level so I'm making an all out effort to continue drinking water.

4.  What did I eat?  Well, I COULD tell you I continued with my whole foods extravaganza and leave it at that.  But the truth is, using my whole foods, I did create some overly tasty foods.  Enter, chocolate chip cookies.  I made these bad boys gluten free, egg free, AND dairy free and they were amazing.  Do you know how I know they were amazing?  Because I gave one to my boyfriend's 10 year old nephew who didn't notice anything different about them.  So throughout the week I had some of those.  While they follow the whole foods protocol, I'm well aware they are not the healthiest.  Also, I happened upon (yes, happened upon) some macaroni and cheese. Again, it followed my guidelines but still - it's mac and cheese.  So needless to say, this week (of which I'm in day 4), I chose to tighten things up just a smidgen.  So far so good.  Not that treats don't have a place in my life, it's just that they shouldn't have a DAILY place in my life - no matter how badly I want them there ;)

Now about not recording those AP.  Well, I got to thinking the other day, Weight Watchers has me at 26 points daily.  That's the lowest I'm allowed to go.  BUT, I still have some 40 pounds to lose.  I just can't logically wrap my head around how that's possible.  It says not to go below 26 daily points because you won't be eating enough to survive.  I disagree.  It's not like I'm losing 5 pounds a week.  I'm losing a modest 0.5-1 pound a week at times.  That will eventually stop unless I start eating less.


So since I can't adjust my daily points any lower, I'm going to adjust my activity points by not recording them.  I just can't see myself losing another 40 pounds still eating the same amount I'm eating today.  40 pounds is quite a bit of weight. Anyway, it's just a thought.  I'll let you know how it goes.


Today's Menu:

B:  turkey + daiya + lettuce wrap
L:  pot roast + veggies
S:  carrot sticks
D:  veggie burger + lettuce wrap + maybe sweet potato fries!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.