Wednesday, April 17, 2013

30 Day Shred: Day 1

In case you can't tell by the title of this post, I decided to do the 30 day shred as my next workout adventure!

For those that don't know - the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is a workout program consisting of 3 levels.  Each level is a separate workout (around 20 minutes long each - not bad right??) that you are to do for 10 days.  When those 10 days are up, you move on to the next level until, you guessed it, 30 days have passed.


So tonight I did Day #1 of my level 1 workout.  It took just under 30 minutes total with warm-up and cool-down.  She does a 3-2-1 system.  That means you warm-up, do 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and then 1 minute of abs.  You then repeat the 3 minutes strength/2 minutes cardio/1 minute abs for 3 circuits total and then cool down.

Sounds easy enough right?

After doing Slim in 6 this seemed like a good step up in intensity.  It moves faster so it seems easier but it's not.  You really do work HARD in those 20 some minutes of time.  I will say this, if you don't put in the effort and really try to get the most out of each exercise, then it probably won't seem very hard.  Also, it goes without saying but I'll say it anyways, your food choices will also play a big role in how well this program works.

I chose to make the most of my workout.  According to my HRM I burned around 270 calories for this one workout. 

Not bad for just around 30 minutes.


I even decided to take before pictures so that, hopefully, I"ll be able to see my progress when I'm done.

I also have my starting measurements since I just took them 2 days ago:

Chest:  40"
Ribs:    33"
Waist:  33.5"
Hips:    42"
Belly Button:  34.5"
Upper Thigh:  24"
Leg @ Knee:  18"
Left Arm:  12.25"

I'm really excited for the next couple of weeks to go by.  I had good results with Slim in 6 and now I'm hoping for even better results with the 30 Day Shred.

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.