Tuesday, April 30, 2013

30 Day Shred: Level 2

I had my first workout at level 2 last night!

First, the facts:  It was the same 3-2-1 format,  3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, 1 minute of abs, and it ran just around 25 minutes total.  The only equipment needed is a set of dumbbells.  I burned 225 calories according to my HRM.


I thought this was definitely a step up from Level 1.  There were a couple of times when I had to do a beginner version of a move or take a five second (but no more!) breather.  The compound moves during this level are definitely more difficult but I guess that's how it's supposed to be.  I remember wishing during Level 1 that the legs were utilized more and this level takes care of that.  Also, get ready to love the plank.  She uses it quite a bit.  I have a love-hate relationship with the plank.  I love what it does for your body but I hate doing it. 

Am I sore?

Not really.  I was pretty sore after level 1 so I guess that means I have gained some strength :)  I can tell I did a good workout last night because I have a slight bit of stiffness in my smaller muscles.  If I roll my shoulders I can definitely feel that I worked them pretty good last night.  It must be those darn planks.

I'm excited for this new level and challenge and have to remind myself that the more I put into each individual workout, the better my overall results will be. 

Also, just as a note, you're supposed to be doing this program for 30 days straight.  I'm not doing that.  Instead I'm doing 6 days a week w/ 1 rest day. 

Today's Menu:

B:  Larabar (blueberry muffin)
L:  French Spring Soup (basically a whole bunch of spring veggies in a delicious broth)
D:  Pulled Pork + Cole Slaw




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.