Friday, April 12, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 30

Ah, Week 30.  It's amazing how fast time flies.  And since that time is going to go by no matter what you do, you might as well use every moment of it to make good decisions.

Am I right or am I right?

I clocked in at -1.4 lbs this week.

You can't see it right now but I'm giving a huge sigh of relief.  It's odd but I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  No pun intended :)

I only mean that it's nice to have a visual reward for my work.

On to the stats ....

1.  I earned 8-12 AP.  I only got in 4 workouts due to being sick but the ones I got in were pretty good.  Again, I put a range for AP because as I've said before, I have no idea how to count exercise properly and since I don't count it towards my weekly points I'm not too concerned.

2.  I ate 217 points.  (No AP counted towards this number)

3.  I drank LOTS of water.  LOTS.

4.  I ate great.  I did have sushi 3 or 4 times.  I don't know why but I'm craving it like it's going out of style.  I always get the same thing too, just the raw fish sushi, no fancy rolls, no sauces just plain old fish protein and rice.  Delicious!  In the past 2 weeks I have also upped my non-starchy carb intake (you know, any vegetable other than potatoes basically).  Other than the sushi rice, the bulk of my food came from protein and vegetables in various whole forms.  I'm still not eating out (save sushi), drinking traditional soda (I do make the occasional Italian soda at home), not eating anything processed (read:  boxed, fast food, packaged etc) EXCEPT I do have one vice.  We like to treat ourselves to some Kettle potato chips on occasion.

We love these things.  Crunchy deliciousness.  My #1 choice is Trader Joe's Kettle Potato chips made with olive oil but these work because they are more readily available.  (side note: Trader Joe's is a PAIN to get into around here.  It's so busy ALL THE TIME.)  We don't normally go for flavors because I like to keep the ingredients list as little as possible.  The sea salt only has 3 ingredients (potatoes, whatever oil, and salt).  I know, I know potato chips aren't exactly of the whole food variety but everyone deserves a treat now and then.

It can be hard to eat this way when you want to eat out in the real world.  Not a lot of places serve food that's clear cut.  And it's doubly hard, nay, triply hard to eat this way since I have to be concerned over my food intolerances.  It would be different if I could just order something and not be concerned if something snuck it's way into my meal (eggs, dairy, gluten, soy).  But alas it doesn't work that way because I'll know.  I'll immediately have to go home and lay down and wait for the horror to pass.  I actually find myself apologizing to my boyfriend.  I feel bad that we can't go out to eat like normal people.   He always laughs and calls me crazy then lists all the reasons why it's not a big deal.  However, to be honest, I miss going out.  I just miss the experience.

*sigh*

Today's Menu:
B:  I missed it!
L:  steak + roasted acorn squash + mushroom and onion reduction
D:  zucchini noodles + tomato sauce + chicken



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.