Friday, April 19, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 31

As of this morning I am + 3.6 pounds.

I am going to blame Jillian Michaels for most of this.  I started the 30 Day Shred Wednesday night and I am SORE.

The big muscles are mostly ok.  They are just tender enough to let me know that I got in some good workouts.  However,  those little muscles that you didn't know you had, those are the ones that are killing me. 

So I'm going to say I'm retaining some water.  And the thought of doing my workout again tonight.  UGH.  It's going to hurt isn't it?

Honestly, I'm not concerned about this weight gain at all (thank God) and I'll tell you why.

First, last night after work, I decided to go through my closet and try on my jeans.  I've been rockin' a size 14 since Dec/Jan and I was able fit back into my 12s.  Some of them looked good, some of them were tight (Don't you love the size differences between brands?).   The important part is they FIT.  And second, this morning I was rushing to put on something for work and grabbed a shirt from my closet that I have worn only once.  Yes, ONCE.  I wore it and before I knew it, I got a little fluffier so in my closet it sat.  I don't know why I grabbed it but I just did.  And it fit.  Not a little bit but perfectly.  Actually, I think it looks better on me now then when I first got it.

So there you have it, the reasons why I'm not too upset about the gain.

Now on to what I did to be so awesome ;)

Weekly Roundup:

1.  I earned 12-ish AP.  Well, I earned however many AP 4 Slim in 6 workouts and 2 30 Day Shred workouts will get me.  All I know is I worked out 6 days this past week!!  Go me!!

2.  I ate 235* points.  It's a little more than I should have.  I'd like to see that number be lower next week by around 10 points.   *Number does not reflect any AP*

3.  Water.  It's official, I am a water goddess.

4.  What did I eat?  Well, part of the reason I ate so many points is because I made some chocolate chip cookies last weekend.  Do I really need to say anymore?  Other than those cookies, I had fabulous meals.  I cooked everything I ate except for the sushi I had for lunch yesterday (yes sushi again - I still can't get enough of it) and some bread products I decided to try.  But examples of my meals include:   Yellow Chicken Curry, Chicken Soup, BLT on English Muffin and Sloppy Joes!  This was the first week I ventured out and bought some gluten free bread products.  I chose the Food for Life brand english muffins which are surprisingly good.  And I chose the Udi's brand hamburger buns for sloppy joes.  Both had a decent ingredient list and fit the bill for me knowing what was exactly in them.  For the sloppy joe meal I just used the bottom of the roll and ate my sloppy joe as an open faced sandwich but it was really, really nice to have bread again.  I probably won't be buying these products very frequently because they are WAY expensive and also I'm really digging making everything myself.  But it was a nice treat.  If any of you are doing the gluten free thing, I recommend both of these items.

And even though I'm not torn about my gain, I am going to be tightening up my eating for this coming week (My Weigh-Ins are Friday so my points reset on Friday too).  I want to be sure to log everything I eat, take a break from sugar (I miss you already cookies), and get in my exercise even if it hurts. 

And with that I bid you Adieu.

Today's Menu:

B:  english muffin + peanut butter
L:  chicken soup
D:  tuna salad



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.