Friday, April 26, 2013

Weight Watchers Weigh In: Week 32 plus 30 Day Shred Update

Weigh-In:  -1.6 pounds

A couple of things:  Even though my weigh-ins are on Friday mornings, two weeks ago, I decided to do a weigh-in on the following Saturday morning just for fun.

That fine Saturday morning, I registered my lowest weight for 2013.  It was a nice surprise even though I'm acutely aware of how much my weight fluctuates.  And just for reference, it was about 3 pounds lower than my weigh-in this morning. 

Like I said, that ultra low weigh-in was TWO weeks ago.  And you know what?  I haven't really been able to get it out of my head.  First, I had that giant spike last Friday (+3.6 pounds) and though I lost weight this week, it is still, like I said, about 3 pounds lower than that magical Saturday weigh-in.  I'm really happy that I still had a loss this week but honestly that Saturday reading was still plaguing me.

Until yesterday and today.

I went bathing suit shopping yesterday.  I tried on suit after suit but I couldn't find anything that fit.   It took me 3 rounds in the dressing room before I realized the reason nothing fit was because I was grabbing the wrong size.  On my fourth try, I grabbed one size smaller of everything and though I was skeptic that was the problem, I walked out that day with three different suits.  Yes, three.  All in the smaller size.  I don't know about you but for me that is a giant victory.  And it was a nice start to help me get over that whole lowest weight thing.

Then today, I decided to do a measurement update for my 30 Day Shred.  The first numbers are my starting numbers, the second numbers are my measurements as of today:

Chest:  40"/40"
Ribs:    33"/32.75"
Waist:  33.5"/33"
Hips:    42"/42"
Belly Button:  34.5"/34.5"
Upper Thigh:  24"/23.75"
Leg @ Knee:  18"/17.5"
Left Arm:  12.25"/12"

As you can see, I've made a little bit of progress after only 8 workouts!  I'll be doing my 9th workout of Level 1 tonight and if things go as planned, I'll be starting Level 2 on Sunday.  I'm excited to move on to Level 2.  I watched it last night and it's definitely a step up and I'm totally ready.

Anyway, as I was writing down my new measurements I realized something.  Those starting measurements for the 30 Day Shred are actually my final measurements from Slim in 6.  And you know what?  Those were taken TWO DAYS after my magical Saturday morning weigh-in.  You see where this is going?  The new measurements are my numbers as of TODAY and even though I weigh some 3 pounds more than I did 2 weeks ago, I have actually lost 1.25 inches overall since that magical Saturday morning.

In fact, check out my measurements from February 15, 2013:

Chest:  41"
Ribs:    34"
Waist:  35"
Hips:    43"
Belly Button:  35.5"
Upper Thigh:  24"
Leg @ Knee:  18.25"
Left Arm:  12.5"

February 15th was also one of my Friday Weigh-In Days.  And you know how much I weighed on February 15th?  The exact same amount that I weigh today except that I am smaller by 7.75 inches.

The point is, TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS PEOPLE.  As long as I keep losing inches, I kind of don't care what the scale says.  The scale is just one form of feedback and probably not even really a good form at that.

Now, on to my Weekly Roundup:

1.  I earned around 15 AP.  I think that's a pretty good guess.  I did six 30 Day Shred workouts.  (NOTE:  I DON'T EAT MY AP)

2.  I ate 244 points.  I was aiming for 220-225 but didn't quite hit the mark.  I'm going to aim for 220-225 again this week.  (No AP points are calculated in my weekly totals)

3.  I drank water.  In fact, it's getting easier so I'm hope that means it's becoming a habit.

4.  I ate very well.  I had my weekly sushi and I also ate out yesterday at Hugo's.  I've mentioned this restaurant before.  It's a god send.  They serve all sorts of vegan, gluten free, allergen free options and everything is made organic and fresh.  I had a club sandwich with a side salad.  Other than that, I made everything else I ate.  I made borscht, beef fajita lettuce wraps and portobello mushroom pizzas.  Oh yeah, and I managed to keep the sweets at bay :) 

Today's Menu:

I'm on vacation!!  I didn't go anywhere so I guess it's technically a stay-cation but I don't care,  I love not being at work.

I've only had lunch today and it was a portobello mushroom pizza.

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.