Friday, October 11, 2013

Weigh In: Week 56

   In case anyone was wondering, the magic castle last weekend was FANTASTIC.  It was so much fun.  A little pricey but a good time nonetheless.  If you ever get the chance, you should go.  The dressing up part was also fun.  Since I work in entertainment, I don't dress up.  Ever.  The most I do at work is jeans, dressed up blouse and heels.  And more often than not, I'm not even THAT dressed up.  But I'm definitely never in dresses, sparkly jewelry, and fancy hair and makeup.  And that's what I did for the magic castle.  Unfortunately no photography is allowed in the castle (which I guess is part of the mystique) so there is no photographic evidence of my fancy self.  But trust me, I was fancy.

As for my plans this weekend ..

I have just a few things on my plate.  I'm in the market for a new sofa, so I have a few stores I'm going to check out and then hopefully purchase a brand new sofa.

Hopefully.

Wanna see it?

Beautiful isn't it?  I'm a little worried it might be too big for the space but whatever.  I want it. 


Other than that, we have a housewarming/engagement party to go to tomorrow night.  Thankfully, the couple lives near us so it's close.  I'm just aching for the day I can be a home-body again.  You know, staying in on a Saturday night.  Renting some movies, cooking some dinner, just snuggling up with your favorite somebody and relaxing.  I have a few more weekends to go but I can feel it coming!

And now on to my weigh in.

Result:  +0.0

That's right.  I maintained. 

How did I get there?

1.  I know it doesn't seem like it but I did eat in a deficit.  This week I ran, on average, a -285 calorie deficit per day.  Again, not the 500 I'm aiming for, but a step up from what I did last week!  I'm hoping to do better again this coming week.

2.  I also ran.  Only 1 day.  I'm 6 weeks in on my 10k training program and I was supposed to take this week off.  I ran 1 day and then decided to give in.  I'll admit, it's a little scary to take this much time off.  I'm supposed to pick back up this weekend and a little voice inside my head is wondering if I'm actually going to start again.  Of course I will!!  I hope I will ?  Oh please God let it not be hard.

3.  I drank my water.  Good not great.  It needs work.

4.  What I ate?  I made everything and it all was gluten free and in some cases dairy free.  The menu included:  pumpkin pancakes, bacon, eggs, chicken/vegetable teriyaki with rice noodles, tacos, sushi, salad, apples, turkey, grapes, cheese, and peanut butter. oh yes and coffee.  Lots of coffee.  And some kettle chips were in there as well.  But honestly, kettle chips are ALWAYS there somewhere.  I kind of stuck to the same foods over and over this week.  I found that once I had the calorie count down, it just was easier to eat the same things so that I didn't have to keep looking things up.  Also, it just so happens I was really into all the food I made this week so win-win.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.