Thursday, January 2, 2014

Drop 2 Sizes: Week 1

I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season.  I sure did.  I took some time off of work, hung out with friends, opened some presents, talked with family, and did a lot of nothing.

It was a good time.

But, like I promised.  I'm beginning the Drop 2 Sizes DVD/book program today.

Here's the short of it:

It's a 12 week program that aims at just getting you to lose 2 jeans sizes.  There's no focus on scale weight at all.  In fact, the author, Rachel Cosgrove, suggests you not even look at the scale which I'm going to try to do!

It's 3 days of strength training and at least 1 day of metabolic training per week with lots of healthy eating.  The book has daily menus that you can either follow or use as a guide.  It's nothing too out of the ordinary.  (I'll be using the daily menus as a guide because I also committed to another Whole30 during the first 30 days.  So it's Day #1 for both.  Just thought I'd sneak that bit of info in there ;)

Whether you follow the diet provided to a "T" is up to you.  But remember, food choice is important.  There's no doubt about that.  And the author suggests following her protocol 90% of the time in order to see results.

What is protocol you ask?

Here are the rules:
1.  Eat breakfast FIRST THING, then every 3-4 hours.
2.  Eat a high quality protein with each meal.
3.  WHOLE FOODS.  No processed food.
4.  Drink your water folks.  She recommends 64oz.
5.  Take a multi-vitamin, omega 3, and vitamin D supplement.
6.  Drink a recovery shake before, during, or after your workout.
7.  TWO servings of vegetables at each meal.
8.  Do this 90% of the time.

Seems pretty straight forward right?

So here we are at Week #1/Day #1 and the book suggests we focus on mind-set this week.  So, I will be trying to keep all the negative thoughts out of my head for this week.  You know, not saying things like "I can't".  Seems like such a small thing but I've read good research that indicates it's pretty powerful stuff.  So, worth a try in my book.

Today is also my first "jeans check".  That means tonight, I'll be slipping on my pair of GOAL jeans and taking a lovely picture.  (These checks are scheduled every 3 weeks).   I'll also be taking my official starting measurements. 

And then finally, tonight is my first workout.  I'm a little apprehensive.  Only because it has honestly been some time since I've done a proper strength training workout and I'm pretty sure my muscles are going to be aching tomorrow!!  Oh the joy :)

Today's Menu:
B:  breakfast casserole (eggs, bacon, vegetables, more vegetables, a little more vegetables and some coconut milk)
S:  almonds
L:  roasted butternut squash soup
D:  roasted ham, broccoli, and green beans
R:  recovery drink (pea rice protein, almond milk, frozen fruit) - probably be having this during or after my workout.








2 comments:

  1. Did you continue with this program? I am planning on starting in a few weeks and am wondering how it worked for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went as far as I could go. If you look ahead you'll see I did stop. I just got way too bored. But that just means that it wasn't for me. I think the workouts were REALLY good, they just weren't clicking with me. I do think that had I been fully committed I would have gotten pretty good results. I'm not convinced I would have lost 2 pant sizes but I definitely would have gotten good results. Good luck with your program and I'd love to hear what kind of results you get!!

      Delete

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.