Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July Fireworks and Working Out!

Hello world.  I hope everyone had a spectacular July 4th.

I don't know how it is where you live, but in Los Angeles there are just way too many people who get their hands on fireworks.  And not those pew pew tiny fireworks, those BIG BOOM BOOM fireworks.  And they are usually drunk and not qualified to handle such items.



My assistant's apartment almost burned down because of said people.  Thank goodness both he and all his worldly possessions made it out alive.  Seriously people, cool it with the fireworks.  You will be JUST as patriotic without them.



Lots of things to talk about on this fine Wednesday morning.  First lets talk about my weight.  I am still holding steady.  In fact, I still pretty much weigh the same as I did at the beginning of May.  And I'll be honest, I'm heart broken.  Now, I'm trying to not let it get to me because I'm aware there are many things that still need to be fixed in my body, but I thought I was making headway.  In fact, I felt like I DESERVED to make headway.  But alas, life had other plans.  In any case, sitting and pouting will absolutely get me nowhere so lets try to troubleshoot what is happening.

Lets look at some of the factors:

Food wise, I'm eating the same things and save the 4th of July weekend where I splurged, I have been eating around 100 grams of net carbs per day since February.  Calories are roughly the same, protein and fat are roughly the same, I'm still avoiding the foods I've been avoiding and everything.  So I don't think food is the problem. 

Workout wise, I'm STILL doing the Drop 2 Sizes program.  In fact, today starts Phase 2 week 2 and I feel like I'm really killing it this time.  Probably because I have more energy.  In any case, I really feel like I'm getting stronger.  So perhaps the plateau is a building muscle thing. 

Health wise I hit a little snafu.  In June I started to feel pretty lousy again.  Old symptoms were creeping back in too frequently (fatigue, sleeping problems, hair problems etc ..).  So after a dialogue with my doctor, we realized I was not taking enough progesterone.  In fact, I was taking 75% less than what she wanted me on.  That's a big difference.  I was taking 25mg and she had wanted me on 100mg.  She sorted it out with the pharmacy and I'm one week into my new dose.  So far so good.

Now when I lay it all out on the line like that it just becomes glaringly obvious doesn't it?  So what's probably happening is that I'm gaining a little bit of muscle which has offset any real loss on the scale AND with my meds a little messed up, my body hasn't been working as efficiently as it could.

I have to be honest, I hadn't really put 2 and 2 together until I just typed that all out.  Probably should have thought that thru a little more before I had my pity party.

Ok, so here's what I'm going to do:  I'm going to take some measurements.  If I HAVE been gaining some muscle then I should be down.  And secondly, I'm just going to give it some time.  Which in my opinion is one of the WORST THINGS EVER.  I don't know about you but there is nothing worse than when my doctor tells me "you just have to give it some time to work".  There is no comfort in those words because all I hear is "There is nothing you can do.  You have no control over this".    Those are not the words you want to tell a control freak, which I am.

But that's what I have to do. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
30 Days to ... by JH is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.